Friday, August 1, 2008

My Struggle With Friday Reading Day


Every friday, for my english class, I need to bring a book from home and we all silently read for a half hour for attendance points. Well, today I forgot my book (the Twilight Series. Addicted) at home. So, I stopped at the new UVU library to pick one up on my way to class. I was pressed for time, so I just ran to the closest check-in counter and said, "Just give me whatever you have." The librarian grabbed the closest book and handed it to me. 
"Mein Kampf" by Adolph Hitler.
Wow. I opened to the first page and there was a hand written note in pencil that said, "In an effort to keep the reader from believing this book, read only the first page of each chapter, and the first line of each paragraph there on." 
Needless to say, Hitler was a terrible writer, it had outrageous claims, crazy ideas, and many run on sentences. It sucked. But, i thought it was funny anyway. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I love that you just admitted to being addicted to the Twilight series. Hilarious.

August 1, 2008 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That is so wierd. Was the handwritten note from a random person?

August 26, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Jayci said...

I heard one time that whoever checks this book out is put on a File for the US government. And the govnmt checks in on those people from now on. haha It's probably hog wash. but yikes! You're seriously addicted to Twilight? i'm impressed. please have a one on one with Mark. He won't touch the things.

September 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home